APAO Recruitment -- Executive Officer / Project Coordinator
Established in 1960, the Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology (APAO) is a supranational organization that promotes, enhances and educates the public, particularly in prevention of blindness and restoration of sight through teaching, research and community services. Regional congresses and conferences are organized for advancement of eye care knowledge and development. With a total of 19 member societies from different countries in the Asia-Pacific region, the APAO is gearing up for more exciting events and initiatives. The APAO Central Secretariat Office, which was located in Hong Kong, is now relocated in Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat-sun University, Guangzhou, China. It is inviting high-caliber candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Executive Officer / Project Coordinator
● Assist the APAO Secretary-General to oversee the full range of administrative and support services for the APAO, including corporate affairs, marketing, communications, finance, policy-execution, human resources and information technology
● Help review, formulate and develop policies for the APAO
● Coordinate internal and external meetings and perform secretarial duties
● Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Council and Subcommittees
● Supervise and support the Congress Secretariat for organizing APAO congresses
● Provide administrative and editorial support for journal publication
● Perform and support other tasks and ad-hoc projects as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree, with excellent command of both written and spoken English
● Minimum 3 years of solid experience in related disciplines. Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position as Project Coordinator.
● Practical experience of working in a fast-paced environment, handling secretarial work in NGOs, compiling English reports or writing feature articles published in print would be an asset
● Organized, self-motivated, with a can-do attitude, attention to details, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
● Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and computer skills
● Ability to work independently or on a team under pressure
We offer competitive remuneration. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates please submit your cover letter and full resume stating your availability, current and expected salary by logging onto our online recruitment system at:
http://www.apaophth.org/APAO/recruitment/register/index.php?id=10&code=10oaE on or before June 13, 2013. Please note that applications sent by email will NOT be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. For more information about the APAO, please visit http://www.apaophth.org/ .